TSC Transportation Center
90 Teal Road
Lafayette, IN 47909
HERE COMES THE BUS IS DOWN AT THIS TIME. WE ARE WORKING TO GET IT UP AND RUNNING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
The Tippecanoe School Corporation Transportation Department is dedicated to partnering with our schools, families, and communities to provide safe and efficient transportation while operating in a friendly, supportive environment. This includes transportation to and from school, educational field trips, athletic trips, and all other approved activities. Our entire staff, including our award-winning Maintenance Department, strive every day to ensure the safety of our community's most precious cargo.
To provide safe, efficient and reliable transportation to all students. This includes transportation to and from school, educational field trips, athletic events and other approved activities.
Drive for TSC
TSC is looking for people who have a drive and desire to make a meaningful contribution to our children and the community. More school bus drivers and substitute drivers are needed for new routes in August 2017.
- Competitive pay
- No experience required
- Paid training for qualified applicants
- Must pass a background check
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be great with children
Call 765-474-2481 for more information or click here to apply
- Transportation Office Staff
- Transportation Department Staff
- Conduct and Safety Rules
- Transportation FAQs
- TSC Transportation Statistics
- VersaTrans Trip Tracker
- Bus Driver Documentation and Forms
At the Bus Stop
- Be on time; arrive 10 minutes prior to assigned bus pick up time. This is extending courtesy to your fellow students.
- Students must have written consent from a parent or guardian to get off at any stop except the assigned stop, or to ride another bus.
- Stand 10 feet back from roadway and wait in single line to board bus.
- Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop, the door has opened, and the driver signals before boarding the bus. If crossing the road, wait until the driver signals, then cross 10 feet in front of the bus.
- Respect other people’s property. Do not throw trash or destroy other people’s property.
On the Bus
- Students will obey all of the driver’s directives promptly and respectfully.
- Students will walk promptly to their assigned seats and be seated.
- Students will remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- All books and other items shall be held on students’ laps or contained in book bags and placed under the students’ seats.
- Students will refrain from using loud voices. Profanity and/or obscene gestures will not be tolerated.
- Students will not eat or drink while bus is in motion. No chewing gum on any TSC bus.
- Student usage of cell phones is prohibited on buses except in emergency situations.
- Students will be totally silent at railroad crossings.
- Fighting, wrestling, horseplay, and harassing or derogatory remarks towards others will not be tolerated.
- Students will not bring animals (except service animals), glass objects, hazardous materials (including flammable liquids), or weapons on the bus.
- Students will not throw objects inside the bus, or out the windows of the bus.
- Students will not extend head, hair, arms, or objects out of bus windows.
- If your child’s bus is equipped with seat belts they are expected to use them.
Leaving the Bus
- Students will remain seated until the bus stops, and the door is opened. The open bus door is the signal to leave your seat.
- Once off the bus, walk quickly away from the bus. If crossing the street walk 10 feet in front of the bus, wait for the driver’s signal before crossing the street. Look both directions then proceed to cross the roadway.
Note: Your child’s bus may be equipped with video surveillance equipment.
Thank you for doing your part for safety. When you obey the rules, you keep your riding privileges. When you disobey the rules, you will be held accountable for your actions and your riding privileges may be denied.
Q: What musical instruments may be transported on TSC buses?
A: The following instruments may be transported on TSC buses:
- Bass Clarinet
- Tenor Sax and Alto Sax
Note: All other musical instruments will not be allowed to be transported on TSC buses.
Q: Does a note have to be written for my student to get dropped off at a different location or ride home with another student on a different bus?
A: Students must have a note signed note by the parent or guardian to get off at any location other than his/her normal stop or to ride another bus. If a student is going to another student's home, the receiving parent must send a note to school. This note should be view by the school office and principal/school designee must sign.
|Number of AM Routes Operated Daily||194|
|Number of PM Routes Operated Daily||194|
|Total Number of Routes Operated Daily||388|
|Number of Miles Traveled Daily||8,961|
|Number of PM Routes Operated Daily||1,563,570|
|Total Number of Routes Operated Daily|
|Student Population||13th largest in the state|
|Square Miles||2nd largest in the state|
|Number of Schools||20|
- 2017-2018 TSC Calendar
- Activity Bus Training
- Discipline Form
- Field Trip Travel Guide
- Fueling Procedures
- Incident Documentation
- Pay Dates
- Property Turnaround Permission Form
- Rules Letter
- Seating Charts
- Student Helper Letter
- TSC DOT Policy FMCSA
- Universal Precautions