- Procedural Guide
- Initial Evaluation Request
- Re-Evaluation Request
- Move-In Evaluation Request
- Review Meeting Request
- District Coordinator's Schedule
- Elementary School Designated Persons
- Middle School Designated Persons
- High School Designated Persons
TSC must evaluate any student who, because of a disability, needs or is believed to need a 504 Plan.
This section is designed to help stakeholders decide whether a request for initial evaluation is appropriate for a student. Click on each question below, answer the question, and then follow the instructions given based on your answer. If you have questions or require assistance with answering the questions, please contact the student's school's Designated Person. When in doubt as to whether an initial evaluation should be requested, go ahead and make the request.
Note: If a student has been referred for evaluation or is currently under evaluation for special education services (i.e., an IEP), please do not submit a request for an initial evaluation under Section 504 until the special education evaluation has been refused or the student is determined not eligible for special education services.
- Does the student have a diagnosis (e.g., ADHD, Anxiety, Diabetes, Depression, etc.)?
- Do you believe/suspect the student has a mental or physical impairment (e.g., difficulty focusing, chronic behavior problems, excessing abscenses, etc.)?
- Do you believe/suspect the impairment substantially limits one or more major life activities (this includes, but is not limited to, e.g., thinking, learning, concentrating, seeing, reading, sleeping, body function, etc)?
- Do you believe/suspect the student requires a 504 Plan because of the impairment (i.e., do you believe/suspect the student requires related services, accommodations, and/or modifications to policy)?
As a general rule, the coordinator will schedule 504 meetings as noted below. However, this may change depending on stakeholder needs. If you have any questions, please contact the District Coordinator.
The high school Designed Person is the student's assigned counselor. Please see below to determine which Designated Person is responsible for your student.